WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE IN AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT
1. Stay calm and report your accident to the police as soon as possible. If you are obstructing traffic try and move your vehicle to a safe area on the side of the road.
2. Exchange information with the other parties who were involved in the accident. Be sure to obtain their name, address, phone numbers, license plate, make and model of their car and their insurance company's name and policy number.
3. If there are any witnesses be sure to get their contact information and make sure the police officers receive that information as well.
4. Seek medical attention if you are injured in the accident.
5. Report your accident to your insurance company even if you are not at fault for the accident. Do not give any statements or sign any documents at that time without seeking legal advice.
6. Take pictures of the damages and injuries that resulted from the accident.
7. If you would like legal assistance with your automobile accident claim you can contact the Law Offices of Laurence Edward Zieper, P.A. for your free consultation at 1-888-571-9711
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE IN A SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT
A slip and fall accident can include when someone slip, trips or falls on a surface that can be considered an unsafe condition. Typically these hazardous conditions have been negligently ignored by the owner of the property and has existed for a reasonable amount of time.
1. Notify the property manager or owner of the property about the accident.
2. Gather contact information of anyone who may have witnessed your accident.
3. Make note of anything that the manager or employee said to you. For instance if they say that this has happened before or if they admit that the hazard was their fault.
4. Take photographs of the area of the accident as soon as possible. You may want to purchase a disposable camera to show the current hazard before it has been attended to.
5. If you are injured seek medical treatment immediately.
6. If you believe the accident was due to the negligence of someone other than you, call the Law Offices of Laurence Edward Zieper, P.A. for your free consultation at 1-888-571-9711.